Over the last two weeks students in 5/6D, 6E and 6Y have been exploring some of the basic principles of photography using their iPads. Students had lots of fun trying out and sharing their new knowledge.
For those of you interested in trying it out for yourself here are some tips to help you out.
Before you start check that your camera shows the gridlines. If not turn them on in settings
Photography Composition Tips
- Rule of thirds (line objects up along the gridlines)
- Use perspective (try looking at things from different angles rather than just head on)
- Notice light/ colour/ texture/ form/ pattern/ symmetry
- Use framing (look at things through something else)
- Create balance (this might be with colours, shapes or space)
- Use leading lines (these will draw the viewer’s eye towards something)
- Capture movement