Welcome back to Term 4 and what another fabulous and busy term we have ahead of us.
In Literacy, we will be focusing on the following areas:
- Summarising information texts by looking for the main idea and identifying the key words in a paragraph
- Synthesizing (using all of the strategies that the students have been taught to form an opinion about what they are reading)
- Information reports
- Open cycle writing using the Writer’s Circle and the 6 Traits of Writing
- Multiplication and Division
- Students will complete their Scratch Jnr. Advertisements for the upcoming Senior School Concert
- Next, students will learn about Australia’s First People. Through the course of the unit, students will further develop their understanding of Indigenous groups and culture
- Students will participate in four cultural incursions. The focus of each workshop includes: Introduction to Boonwurrung Nation, Storytelling – discussing local instruments and dance, Boonwurrung Art and a Nature Walk.
Thank you from all of the Year 3 Team
Do you like this post? 17
Posted on 16/10/18 in Year 3 Blog